Vendée Globe 2016 has started!
This solo, non-stop, around-the-world sailing race, departed from Les Sables d’Olonne, France on November 6th. Rich Wilson’s motivation in participating in such an extraordinary challenge is to excite and engage students in learning, by connecting them to live, global, real-world adventures and curriculum. Use the links below to join us on this expedition!
- Follow the race: boat position and daily podcasts.
- Daily Ship’s Logs
- Ask Rich or a member of the Team of Experts a question
- Free Teacher’s Guides, written in English, French, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese
- Essays by Rich and Experts, on the weekly curriculum topic
- Participate in the Ocean Challenge Live! Discussion Forum
Click here to sign up for weekly email updates!
sitesALIVE! consists of program components that offer multiple entry points into learning alongside this exciting global adventure. The Ocean Challenge Live! website will be updated daily with fresh content, allowing educators, students, sailors, seniors, families and those with asthma to follow the voyage closely.